Elutia is looking for an intern to work directly with the CEO and leadership team developing plans for our cutting-edge strategic initiatives. The position will be for a three-month block in the San Diego area. The right person will be a roll-up-their-sleeves doer, who has a fundamental understanding of both business and medical science. You don’t need to be an expert, just confident enough to find the information you don’t already know.
In this internship role, you will play a key role in helping define the growth strategy for Elutia. We are at a pivotal point in our company’s history – we are identifying the best markets for our expansion. Your work in this role will allow us to make an evidence-based decision, which will drive our future growth, allow us to have a significant impact in patients’ lives and enable us to provide a rewarding experience for our teams.
Given the importance of this role, you will report into Elutia’s CEO and work closely with the Chief Scientific Officer and VP of Emerging Businesses. You will also have significant exposure to Elutia’s leadership team, giving you tremendous visibility to the most strategic decisions a publicly traded company needs to make.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Quantify the patient and financial impact of life-threatening complications across implanted medical devices
- Evaluate patient, physician and payer needs in each market to identify untapped opportunities
- Prioritize markets for expansion based on their size, growth drivers, competitive profiles and strategic fit with our capabilities
- Collaborate with our Commercial and Research and Development (R&D) teams to identify opportunities to license novel biological materials to accelerate our innovation strategies
- Lead the development of materials to present findings to Elutia’s Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- The time to dedicate to this position over the next 3 months (40+ hrs per week)
- A good understanding of both business and science/medicine
- Residence in the San Diego area during the period. You will be be based in San Diego and work out of our offices where you will benefit fully from our team’s mentorship and professional experience.
- Outstanding communication skills (writing, speaking, presenting)
- Ability to travel
- A good sense of humor and a solid sense of team.
The estimated hourly range for this internship opportunity at the time of posting is set to $25-$30.